Thursday, March 31, 2016

Cinquains & Tankas


Poetry has different forms and patterns around the world.
Cinquains are French, and Tankas are Japanese.



CINQUAINS & TANKAS
by 
Zachoia Cooper
(age 16)



CINQUAINS

Rock wall
Sturdy, antique
Standing, still strong, stirring
Grown out of New Hampshire mountains
Stone fence

Toddler
Friendly, spunky
Perpetually grinning
Everyone who meets her smiles.
Gervaise




TANKAS


Oh! How the winds rush
Grating on my exposed cheeks
Sharp gusts whistle pas
Bending trees and blowing snow
Fairy dust swirling by me


1705
To 1793
Robert L. Wendell
The human long forgotten
Name immortalized in stone




(assignment for Lesson #9 of Poetry Lessons)

If you are between the ages of 12-18,
(or know someone who likes to write stories)
I would like to post your story here.
Send me an email. I'd love to read your story!

No comments:

LinkWithin