Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Phones and Enemies




Phones and Enemies
by
Paige Doskas
(age 15)


"Bay, get off of your phone. We are in church!" I hear my step-mother Lisa scold me.

Oh, no, I've been caught. Abort! Abort! I quickly hit the power button.
"I will, sorry." I hid my phone under my leg and turned it on again. 


There is no way she can see me using it now.


"Bay Oliver, give me your phone, right now!" Lisa scolded once again. 


Seriously! Does she have x-ray vision or something?  
I looked around. Trying to figure out how the heck she knew that I was binge playing 'Flappy Bird' in church. 

Then, I made eye contact with the devil himself - Chase Montgomery! We have been arch enemies for years, and it had to have been him. I know he sat directly behind me just to make me mad! Oh, he really gets my goat. 

 I turn around and whisper to him,
"Why did the chicken cross the road?"

"I have no clue."

"To get to the idiot's house. Knock, Knock." I smirk.

"Who's there?"

"The chicken."


(assignment for Lesson #9 - Dialogue)


If you are between the ages of 12-18,
(or know someone who likes to write stories)
I would like to post your story here.
Send me an email. I'd love to read your story!

No comments:

LinkWithin