Wednesday, October 26, 2016

My Motorcycle Trip


Motorcycle Road Trip
by
Hannah Aldrich
(age 13)



Hey, Pa?”

Hmm?”

Can we go on a motorcycle road trip? I'll pay for half the gas.”

Oh? And where are you going to get the money?”

I've been saving up.”

I'll check with your mother. Then we’ll see.”

Okay.”

I was so excited that I jumped up and gave him a big hug. I was up until 11:30 PM and woke up at 4:00 AM. I was so exited, but not too exited, in case it didn’t happen. 

(the next day)

Hey, Jules.”

Yes, Pa?”

Your mom said I can take you as far as your uncle's. We'll spend the night there and come home the next day.”

YES!! Thank you! That's farther than I thought you were going to take me!”

We are leaving on Wednesday morning. Go pack.”

What should I pack?”

Just what you need for one night.”

Okay.”

We left early on Wednesday morning. I fumbled into my motorcycle jacket and chaps and then pa helped me buckle my helmet. I was still blinking away the sleepiness in my eyes when the roar of the motorcycle rang out through the early morning stillness. The bright green trees zipped past as the miles rolled out from under us. My uncle's house was about two or three hours away. I held tightly to Pa as the crisp morning air rushed past. It was a feeling of no other. That was just the beginning of a magical trip.


(Assignment for Lesson 9 - Dialogue)


If you are between the ages of 13 -18,
(or know someone who likes to write stories)
I would like to post your story here.
Send me an email. I'd love to read your story!

No comments:

LinkWithin