Saturday, July 20, 2019

The Best Days





The Best Days
by 
Gracelyn Beaulieu (age 16)


I remember many events in my life, but I would like to tell you two of the biggest, and I believe most important, days of my life.

Until I was about four years old, my family and I went to a Nazarene church. Because of some changes in the church, Dad and Mom decided to look for a new church to attend. At a young age, I did not know why we were leaving and really did not care, since I did not understand. Looking back, I realize why we left is because of the faithful prayers of my grandparents and their pastor and his wife. My grandparents had prayed for years that Dad and Mom would decide to go to their church. I am so grateful!

I do not know which church we were going to at the time, but when I was four years old, I thought I trusted Christ as my Saviour. I remember watching a movie about Jesus dying on the cross and I became very sad. I wanted to accept Him into my life.

After visiting a few different churches, we visited Church Hill Baptist Church in July, where my grandparents attended. I remember walking in with my parents and sister. Pastor Wiley came up to greet us at the door and his two daughters hid behind his legs. Soon they appeared and we became good friends.

My parents and sister got baptized that autumn. My parents asked me if I wanted to be
baptized too, but I said I did not want to because I was scared. That was not true. My brother told me I was probably too young to be baptized, but I knew the true reason. In November of that year, the same day they were baptized, we became members of Church Hill Baptist Church. I will never forget that day.

When I was five years old, I was battling if I was truly saved or not. Yes, I knew I needed to trust Christ at four, but did I really know what it meant? I meditated on it for a couple of years. I did not want to talk about it to anyone. Dad would help me with my Sunday school papers often and would talk to me about it. He told me he did not want to see me turn out to be like the people he witnessed to. A few times I told myself and the Lord that I would get saved at this certain day, but I was not ready yet. I never wanted to admit that I knew I was not saved.

On April 12, 2011, when I was eight years old, I became God’s child. I was lying in bed at night and could not go to sleep. I was worried about where I would go when I died and knew I needed to get saved. I knew I was lost and on my way to Hell. Jesus died for our sins so we could trust Him and live with Him forever someday. I was rejecting the truth. God’s Word says in Romans 10:13, “For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.” I got up and told Mom. She came in my room and I prayed. What joy and relief to know that I did what was right- to know that I was headed to Heaven with my family! Dad was gone to a men’s Bible study, but when he got back, I told him. I told my sister, too. They were so happy. I got saved at 8:10 on a Tuesday night.

On April 17, 2011, I was baptized. I knew that I was saved and wanted to get baptized
immediately. You don’t have to be baptized to go to Heaven. God only says we must be saved- to believe in Him. But baptism is an act of obedience. Being baptized shows other people you were saved. God commands us in His Word that after we are saved, we need to tell others. Share the news of salvation! At our church, one must be saved and Scripturally baptized before they can become a
member.

I love my church family; I am right at home. I have learned many things at my church that I know I would not have learned at the Nazarene church. Pastor Wiley gives us youth many opportunities to serve. I am very thankful to God that He brought us here and that Dad and Mom obeyed His will. I am so blessed to be a member of Church Hill Baptist Church. I would like to invite you to come visit our church, especially if you are searching for a Bible-believing church. At Church Hill, visitors will find that they are welcomed.


(Assignment for Lesson #14 - Memories)

If you are between the ages of 13 -18,
(or know someone who likes to write stories)
I would like to post your story here.
Send me an email. I'd love to read your story!

No comments:

LinkWithin