Saturday, August 2, 2014

My Dog, Daisy




 My Dog, Daisy
by 
Ashley Jones
(age 16)

Daisy is just one of those dogs. We've had her for as long as I can remember, and no matter what we do, she is always a part of it. She is the small, heel-biting type, and she thinks she is queen of our home. Although we don't let her get away with it, she begs for table scraps during every meal. Daisy will always do a trick in exchange for a treat, but she won't budge if none are in sight.

We have to walk Daisy numerous times a day as she takes her sweet time sniffing all possible areas again and again. She loves to go on car rides as long as she can stick her head out the window. If we leave her home, she cries and mopes, and gives us a terrible time when we return.

Many people think that Daisy is just too spoiled,but if you ask me, I think she is perfect. She is always there to play a game of fetch or go on a long walk with me. She shares my hopes and dreams without laughing or making fun. Each time I feed her, she thanks me in her own tail-wagging way. At the end of the day, when it's time to sleep, Daisy is always there at my feet. You see, you can't always judge by outside appearance. Daisy is just a one-of-a kind dog. . . my dog.


(Polliwog Pages Writing Lesson #4)

If you are between the ages of 12-18, (or know someone who likes to write stories) I would like to post your story here. Send me an email. I'd love to read your story!

No comments:

LinkWithin