Saturday, November 28, 2015

The Wild Mustang



The Wild Mustang
by
Paige Doskas
(age 15)


I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock buzzing.  A slight groan came from my lips. It’s Saturday and I am up at the crack of. Last week, my friends and I decided that we were going to hike up Deadman’s dawn Mountain. Jack had the great idea to start at 4am so that we could see the sun rise. I guess that I didn’t clue-in that it meant I had to get up at 3 in the blasted morning. 

 Slowly I got out of bed, and got ready to leave.  I was surprised that it only took me a half an hour to pack everything I needed. Rummaging through my cluttered desk drawer, I found a pen and some old scrap paper. Quickly I scribbled down a note telling my parents were I am going and that I will be back for supper.

I walked out of the door and started to make my way to our meeting spot. As I got closer, I could hear the laughter and shouting of my friends. "Hey, you guys!" I yelled at them, quoting the ever so famous Goonies.

Finally, you're here. Now. let's get going," yelled August.
  
We started to run up the hill, tripping over branches that had probably fallen in last week’s storm. When we got to the top we decided that we should explore a little bit. As I was looking around I found a lovely little mountain stream, but suddenly I stopped dead in my tracks. At the end of the stream was a beautiful pure black horse. I had never seen him before. There were stories of a wild mustang that lived up here, but that is all I thought they were - stories.

(assignment for Polliwog Pages Writing Lessons)


If you are between the ages of 12-18,
(or know someone who likes to write stories)
I would like to post your story here.
Send me an email. I'd love to read your story!

No comments:

LinkWithin