Saturday, March 16, 2019

Together At Last


TOGETHER AT LAST
by
Hannah Aldrich
(age 14)


His flight had landed twenty minutes ago. I waited anxiously at the gate for him to come around the corner with his suitcase. I couldn’t stand still as I waited with my ma who was recording with her
i-phone.

I had waited two years to meet Alex, and now, the day had finally come. The 1,766 mile distance would finally be zero.

My heart was pounding in my chest, the blood beating in my ears, my palms were damp and I was barely breathing. How could this be real?

Then, I looked up from my trembling hands and saw him. Six foot two, curly dark hair and a familiar smile, walking right towards me. The air caught in my throat and time screeched to a halt. His brown sparkling eyes met my eyes of blue and our gazes locked.

Hot tears pooled in my eyes in a brief moment of hesitation. I was froze, stuck in disbelief and awe. I cannot describe the feeling. It was as if a flood was pouring from my heart and was filling me until I would burst. It was a flood of emotions and feelings, very strong feelings. I had forgotten to breathe, forgotten how to speak, forgotten I was standing in the middle of a busy airport. All I saw was him.

I felt my ma gently nudge me forward and that’s when I ran to him. I didn’t even try to hold back the tears as I jumped into his arms. Wrapping my legs around his waist and my arms about his neck, I clung to him as if the world depended on it. I buried my face in his shoulder as tears continued to spill from my eyes. I had never before felt so happy, so complete.

He had dropped his suitcase just in time to catch me. His strong arms were holding me tight as I pressed my face into his shoulder. Then, I pulled away as he set my feet on the floor and his hands went to my waist. Our eyes met again, and this time, so did our lips. Together at last.


(original and self-edited)


If you are between the ages of 13 -18,
(or know someone who likes to write stories)
I would like to post your story here.
Send me an email. I'd love to read your story!

No comments:

LinkWithin